PDA

View Full Version : Lyric with Mag pickup

45flint
09-12-2013, 04:59 AM
I added a mag pickup to the Lyric second channel and the dual signal processed through a Dtar Solstice is I think a step above the single source Lyric. Certainly gives you a lot of shaping possibilities. Obviously Baggs included this second channel on the Lyric but made it only available to those brave enough to solder on a lead. You have a great line of Mag pickups why not add a jack on this second channel and offer packages with a mag?

Caleb_Elling
09-12-2013, 09:12 AM
The Lyric was really designed to be a simple system where the mic is the only source. Like you said, the option for a magnetic pickup is available, but for the most part, adding a mag pickup isn't necessary for the majority of Lyric players.

The added parts could also drive up the cost of the Lyric.

45flint
09-12-2013, 01:13 PM
The Lyric was really designed to be a simple system where the mic is the only source. Like you said, the option for a magnetic pickup is available, but for the most part, adding a mag pickup isn't necessary for the majority of Lyric players.

The added parts could also drive up the cost of the Lyric.

Can't really find fault in your logic except, why was the second channel made part of the preamp, if it was never intended to be used? Assumed the engineers were keeping their options open. Plus a second source adds to the fun! Seriously it does fill out the bass nicely to a larger than life sound that many people expect from a pickup. But totally agree the Lyric alone is the sound of your guitar. Now I can have it both ways by dialing in a little mag.

Caleb_Elling
09-12-2013, 01:44 PM
The second channel was intended to be used, just not by the majority of our customers. Only a small portion of players are interested in modifying their acoustic pickup systems for stereo use. Still the option is there for anyone who wants it.