Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Element StagePro to Anthem StagePro upgrade question

Dear Caleb,
    my Taylor has deluxe acoustic equalizer with hex pickups. Unfortunately the deluxe equilizer dead some month ago and now I bypassed the system. The hex pickups are connected directly to the guitar output. The signal then goes to an Headway EDB-1 preamp.
    If I install the Dual Source or iMix the hole of the deluxe equializer remains. I saw also some pictures of an iMix onboard System (ibeam + element) mounted also on Larivee guitars, which can be useful to cover the hole i have on the side of the guitar. Do you thinks it is possible to mount IMix on board instead of Dual source/IMix? All the preamps seems to be tuned for element pickup.
    I checked and I still have the two surface capacitors (one bigger the the other).
    Thanks again

Unfortunately, the iMix Onboard is no longer in production, so it wouldn't be an option unless you were able to find one used. The Stage Pro Element preamp is a possibility, but it doesn't have blending capability and the preamp is slightly larger than the Deluxe Acoustic, so the hole would have to be slightly enlarged.

As you can see, there are not really any easy options for retrofitting the Hex pickups with our newer systems. Since the Hex pickups are an older design, and now discontinued, we really don't have anything that will be an exact preamp match for the Hex pickups. Everything will require modifications of some kind.

Thank you very much for your support and patience. I think I will go with the iMix or Dual source as you suggested, using the capacitors on the Hex.