Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthem SL

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrights View Post
    Hi Bryan,
    So, I love the Anthem SL in my old Martin. I have not noticed any deminishing of tone unplugged. And plugged in it does exactly reproduce the true acoustics ....it's kust louder.

My question is how close are you to having an Anthem for nylon string guitars?
    I'm pleased to say we are doing some research into the possibility of an Anthem tuned for nylon string guitars. Stay tuned for more info.

Hurry up on the Anthem for nylon (only kidding) I'm looking forward to when you do. I'm having the iMix C installed
    next weekend on my DeVoe Flamenco Blanca.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraldG View Post
    Thanks, Bryan. I think the thing to do is just to buy an Anthem and install it in my HD-28 and see for myself how it affects the unplugged sound. If it's too much difference for me, the worst part of taking it out is getting an oversized endpin and cutting a new bridge saddle.....no biggie.
    So did you do it? I put one in my D-28CW and honestly neither I, nor the tech who did the install, nor my friends could hear an unplugged difference. The thing was a monster, and remains one.

Quote Originally Posted by v2or View Post
    Hurry up on the Anthem for nylon (only kidding) I'm looking forward to when you do. I'm having the iMix C installed
    next weekend on my DeVoe Flamenco Blanca.
    Look for an Anthem-SL tuned for classical to become available in approximately one month.
    Last edited by Bryan McManus; 02-08-2012 at 09:36 AM. Reason: grammar

Hi Just wanted to share my experience so far with the LR Baggs Anthem SL Classical pickup. Its the best pickup I have ever used to date on nylon strings. I installed the pickup on a Lester DeVoe Flamenco Blanca guitar and its just wonderful. I've been getting great feedback on the pickup as well by others. If you want to hear a test of before and after how the guitar sounds as well as when the pick up was installed you can go to http://soundcloud.com/v2or/lr-baggs-anthem-sl-classical I am still blown away by how loud I can go with out feedback. Also the mic is very adjustable to your own taste. I run the output to a Apogee One, then into Pro Tools 9 and use the Waves SSL channel strip and a UA compressor, then just a bit of reverb using the Lexicon Hall setting to two QSC K8 speakers and its just great warm natural sound.
    Victor Tarassov
    Lester DeVoe Blanca & Negra, Zofia Cedar Blanca w Lyric Classicial , Córdoba 45FP with Lyric Classicial, Venue. Bose L1Sw Tone Match Mixer.

How did you justify increasing the size of the end pin hole with and elderly instrument?

I just put in the Anthems SL Classical on my nylon and it sound fantastic. Played with the mic mix adjustment to get it right to my ears and Im also using the PARA DI to adjust a bit of the tone.
    Victor Tarassov
    Lester DeVoe Blanca & Negra, Zofia Cedar Blanca w Lyric Classicial , Córdoba 45FP with Lyric Classicial, Venue. Bose L1Sw Tone Match Mixer.

Hi Sireennagan,
    Many people will not want to modify vintage instruments at all. For those situations we recommend the M1 passive. If you're willing to wait the M80 will be coming out in the spring. It has a passive/active switch which allows you to pop it in and out easily with no modification. http://www.lrbaggs.com/m80/ <-check it out!

-Christian