Thread: Swapping soundhole volume control for regular volume pot

Swapping soundhole volume control for regular volume pot

Hello,

With the Element UST, is it possible to remove the soundhole-mounted volume wheel and replace it with a conventional volume pot? I sometimes have the need for a soundhole feedback buster but would still like to have an onboard volume, if possible.

If so, what value? 25K, 250K, etc.? Thanks

Hi Eric,
    My name is Caleb and I'm part of the support team here at LR Baggs.
    I'm sure that you know this, but any modification to your EAS will result in a Void Warranty.

With that said, the Pot Value for the EAS Volume is 20k. I know that a 20k pot is somewhat difficult to find, so a 25k pot would be sufficient. The pot on the EAS is also upside-down; so if you decided to use a linear pot, you would want to wire it backwards.

How are you thinking about mounting your traditional volume pot?

Hi Caleb,

Thanks for your response. One idea I had was to drill a small hole on the upper bout somewhere, like where a typical onboard "barn door" preamp is mounted. But between the idea of that and of voiding the warranty, I'm probably backing off this idea! I emailed customer service months ago with a similar question -- about simply removing the control altogether -- so I might do that, or just tuck it away.

feed back buster

cut small notch in feed back buster works great for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Hi Caleb,

Thanks for your response. One idea I had was to drill a small hole on the upper bout somewhere, like where a typical onboard "barn door" preamp is mounted. But between the idea of that and of voiding the warranty, I'm probably backing off this idea! I emailed customer service months ago with a similar question -- about simply removing the control altogether -- so I might do that, or just tuck it away.