Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Baggs preamp

Hi. A friend of mine gives me an old lr baggs model fretless godin bass. The battery cables are out the preamp. I don't know where to connect them on the preamp. Please can you help me ? (Sorry for my bad English).

Hello cromorne,
    What model is your Godin Bass?

Hello, I don't know what model it is. It is just written LR BAGGS MODEL. On the back it is written made in canada and a number: 8799. Hope it will help !

Hi Cromorne,

Did your bass' preamp have one or two battery snaps?

If there was one, it is most likely an A4 model

If there are two, it is an Acoustibass model.

In the Acoustibass, the two battery leads are wired in series. When you hold the preamp so that the battery wire contact points are on the upper left, they are soldered (-)(+)(-)(+) and yes the positive from the first lead is connected to the negative of the second battery lead in the middle of the four contacts.

Please reply here or write to [email protected] for clarification.

godin bass

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan McManus View Post
    Hi Cromorne,

Did your bass' preamp have one or two battery snaps?

If there was one, it is most likely an A4 model

If there are two, it is an Acoustibass model.

In the Acoustibass, the two battery leads are wired in series. When you hold the preamp so that the battery wire contact points are on the upper left, they are soldered (-)(+)(-)(+) and yes the positive from the first lead is connected to the negative of the second battery lead in the middle of the four contacts.

Please reply here or write to [email protected] for clarification.

My bass preamp had one battery. Not enough place for two with the preamp. I 'll make a photo of the preamp and you'll see what preamp it is.

Thanks for posting that schematic.. Broken battery wire and not a really clear view at the green board..
    Thanks TB
    Pre-EQ connection diagram.jpg

Thank you for the diagram. I bought an Acousticaster the other day and now it works after some solder works. The are still some things to do in order to get it sound well. The 6th string is too loud and maybe 3rd and 4th are a bit weak. Do you know if you can ajust these things in a way? I first tried bronze strings, then magnetic steelstrings. I think that the sound level is bit more even with steelstrings. What is recommended? Hope you can give some advice. /Staffan

Staffan,
    The Acousticaster used the LB6 pickup. If the LB6 isn't sitting completely flat and even in the saddle slot, there can be string balance issues. I would recommend just pressing down on the saddle evenly, to be sure that it is fully seated. Beyond that, someone at a local music shop may need to be involved in order to achieve good string balance. The LB6 can be tricky to balance, so professional input is recommended.

Godin 12 strings

Hello,
    i have a Godin Acusticaster 12 string with broken preamp, the preamp ( 4 slider, 2 batteries, 1 opamp, 14 transistors) it's marked "copyright 1991 L.R. Baggs".
    Is it possible to have the schematics to repair the unit?
    Thanks in advance.

Hello Maxkt88,
    Unfortunately, as part of our company policy, we are prohibited from distributing electrical schematics for any of our products. If you would like to send the preamp in for repair, you can call us at 805-929-3545, but I can not supply you with a repair schematic. All of our preamps are proprietary.