Hi - bought this pickup over a year ago for my Taylor 314 Acoustic. I use it very infrequently but the last two times I've used it I have gone direct from the guitar into powered mixers for amplification. I've found that the output is very low from 1-3 on the volume having to push the channel volume on the mixer way up to get sound. The sound quality is very good at this level but it's not a great set up when trying to find a balanced mix on the board. When I get the pickup up to 5 and higher I get really bad sound - sort of microphonic. The guitar sounds like it's being played through an echo/can type sound lots of sensitivity to noise coming from the guitar and my hands, I try to keep my hand away from the PUP but it's still sounds bad. There are unwanted overtones that are hard to describe. I've tried new batteries with no luck. I can probably get by with keeping the pickup volume low and cranking the mixer but it seems wrong that with an onboard pre amp I would need to get the mixers channel input up to max just to get it right in the mix. This is through two different PA systems, differnt channels, fooling with mix/line settings etc. Am I doing something wrong? I was hoping for the price this would be better.