Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: LR Baggs Technical Support On The Forum

Ok,
    I spoke with our lead engineer, and he told me that in the original Para DI (with internal gain), the FX loop was not a True Insert path. The signal was split 50/50 from the normal path to the loop. So that is completely normal for that revision. All of the DI's made in the last 13 to 15 years have been modified for a True Insert path, as well as the addition of the external gain.

Unfortunately, we have a policy against distributing any schematics for our products new or old. So I wouldn't be able to get you a drawing of the circuit.

That's a shame, All I need is the circuit around the FX loop so I can modify it.
    Would he be able to give me a list of tracks to cut/join or other mods so I can make it a true insert?

Thanks

Unfortunately, we are also prohibited from providing any information that would void the warranty of any of our products, despite the warranty status of the item.

Hello, I have a larrivee L09 with a Anthem pickup just installed (december 2012). I had the strings changed last week and since that event I 've been experienced a noise on the piezo side and nothing on the mic side. the noise is like a preamp hiss when the volume is too high and vary in time. I checked the adjustment of the volume screw and it is at the minimum position. Other point , when I unplug the mic the noise disappear, when the mic is plugged the noise is on the piezo side. Any suggestion ???

Did you have your strings changed in a guitar shop? If you did, you want want to have them look at it. It sounds to me like something happened to the system during the string change.

How does the signal sound? is it full sounding, or thinner than normal?

Hi Bryan. Gigging last night acoustic into Venue DI and into PA there was a crackling going on, wondered if it was just a lead but could be Venue DI - the tuner was flickering like mad when I turned it on. Any ideas what's up with it. Could it just need a new battery? Thanks, Ben

Hi! I just bought a Martin Eric Clapton 000-28 and want to put an Anthem pickup in it. I realize the sound hole is only 3-7/8" so the volume and mix controls won't fit exactly. However, my question has to do with the placement of the tru-mic. It appears that the area under the bridge is not quite wide enough to support it. It looks to be around 1/2" of space.

Would a luthier have to add additional bracing material for the tru-mic? I need to know about installing this because I don't want to open the Anthem box if I have to return it.

Thanks, Lars

I am answering my own question ("I just bought a Martin Eric Clapton 000-28 and want to put an Anthem pickup in it"). I found a local luthier, whom I didn't know of, and he installed it. And, the anthem sounds really wonderful in it. The smaller sound hole was not a problem at all, nor the lack of space for the tru-mic. It is a great combination!

Hi there,

I've had latency problems with the tuner in my venue DI tuner since I bought it. Doesn't matter what guitar I use... Everyone I've spoken too who has the DI, says they have the same probs. Now the tuner is getting worse where the latency is getting worse and worse, making it very frustrating on stage (as you can imagine).

Any solutions - as otherwise this is a cracker of a pedal...

JB

Hey Ben,
    Have you been able to try some different cables yet? It sounds to me like that is the first place to look.