Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: LR Baggs Technical Support On The Forum

Jab,
    What kind of pickup and instrument combination are you running into the Venue? Also, are you making sure that your battery is good? A low battery will be the first thing to effect the DI tuner.

LR Baggs Lyric feedack?

I play in a church band with drums, elec, bass, keys, and vocals and we use wedge monitors. The spacing is a little tight and it can get pretty loud. The wedge is right in front of me. Would this cause feedback problems for the Lyric? If it does is there a way to fix it? Or do you recommend me getting the Anthem instead? I have a martin d18ge and the Para DI. Thanks!!!

The Lyric will feedback, like most pickups, at the guitar top's resonant frequency. This can be notched out with a Notch filter though. The Notch filter on the Venue DI works very well because it cuts the offending frequency without cutting anything else. So the tone of the instrument is still preserved.

The Anthem would be a better choice if your EQ and notching options are more limited, or if you have less time to tweak the sound before you start playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
    The Lyric will feedback, like most pickups, at the guitar top's resonant frequency. This can be notched out with a Notch filter though. The Notch filter on the Venue DI works very well because it cuts the offending frequency without cutting anything else. So the tone of the instrument is still preserved.

The Anthem would be a better choice if your EQ and notching options are more limited, or if you have less time to tweak the sound before you start playing.

How about the Anthem SL? Would this be prevent feedback or do i have to get the full anthem?

Thanks so much for your help! i really appreciate it

The Anthem SL still utilizes the Element pickup. So the mic is equally as resistant to feedback as it is in the full Anthem.

I have a Rainsong COWS1000-N2 with the Fishman Prefix Plus T and would like to replace it with the Anthem Stagepro. Will the barn door fit the existing opening and is there any special info needed for the under saddle transducer?

The Prefix Plus preamp is larger than the Stage Pro preamp, so unless you can have someone build an adapter, the Stage Pro won't fit in the guitar.

We have had a few people successfully made that modification, as seen here: http://christopherguitars.com/articl..._retrofit.html

I'm not sure what you mean by your under-saddle question though. The Stage Pro Anthem comes with it's own under-saddle pickup, so there shouldn't be any special info necessary.

Hi,

last week I bought the LR Baggs Venue DI and Lyric Microphone system.
    I've had the mic professionally installed into my Gibson Southern Jumbo. The problem is
    that I just can't get a good sound with it over my PA. (JBL Eon 500 Speakers and Yamaha MG166cx Mixer).
    I first plugged in with everything flat on the Venue and the Mixer. What I got was a very honky midrange sound.
    Almost like a wha pedal in middle position. I tried so my different settings, but all I get is a cheap sounding guitar.
    It has nothing to do with what I hear in your videos. The PA is okay and sounds fine with other guitars.

Could there be something wrong with my mic ? Did somebody else have the same problems ?

Greets from Germany,

Chris

Hey Chris,
    Have you adjusted the Mic Presence control at all? It is labeled as a Presence control, but it does effect the mid-range too. So setting that control while playing through your PA is very important in getting the mic set correctly for each guitar.

Hi Caleb,

I've tried it all the way off, on and everything in between
    We had the chance to try it with a very very good PA last night but it just didn't work.
    I guess I'll have to take it back to the shop and try to get a new one.