Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: LR Baggs Technical Support On The Forum

Hi Alex,
    That type of issue is usually fixable, but it may need to be looked at by a professional repair shop.

Have you had this problem for a while, or is this a new issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
    Hi Alex,
    That type of issue is usually fixable, but it may need to be looked at by a professional repair shop.

Have you had this problem for a while, or is this a new issue?
    HI Caleb,
    I've had the issue since it was installed by a professional. I've mostly used the guitar unplugged but now I'd like to use it plugged in as it sounds amazing except for the one string. I'd prefer to do the repair myself but I needed to know if it was fixable and what needs to be done. Am I correct in assuming the saddle needs to be raised on the high E side?
    Thanks again for your help,
    Alex

The reason I recommend using a professional is that the LB6 is a very difficult pickup to work with. You may be able to add a thin layer of black electrical tape to the bottom of the brass sensor, under the quiet string. Beyond that, a professional with LB6 experience is highly recommended.

Thanks, Caleb. I'll give it a shot and try to locate an experienced professional if I hit a dead end.

Has anyone powered a the Venue Di with the Voodoo Lab Power Plus 2 and knows what configuration is needed to properly power the Venue?

Thanks!

Hey baotloi,
    Welcome to the LR Baggs forum!

You should be able to use one of the regular 9v (center neg) outputs from the Power Plus 2, with one of the included 5.5 x 2.1mm plugs. The PP2 is already designed to provide the necessary power that the Venue needs, so it's just that simple.

I know several people who use the PP2 with their Venues right now, and they all have really good things to say about their setups.

All the best!

Thanks Caleb! I'm new to this pedal board thing although I've been playing for about 10 years now. I've been using mainly multi-effects board like Line6 POD system for my electric and recently bought a HD-35 with the Venue Di, Boss DD-20, and a TC Hall of Fame. Let me know if you have any recommendations!

Thanks for the help!

I have the TC Hall Of Fame, and I LOVE it! It's an excellent pedal for Electric and Acoustic guitars. I run my HOF in the Venue FX loop, when I use use it. That way, my tuner stays accurate without needing to disengage the Reverb.

Element undersaddle pickup humming

I just received two Element active undersaddle pickups for two guitars that I own. I installed both, and one of them was humming A LOT, while the other works perfectly. I took both pickups back out, and noticed that on the one that is humming, the small, exposed metal at the end of the undersaddle "string" was missing. I am assuming this is some sort of grounding device? Is this something that I can fix without sending the pick up back...or will this require a swap out?

Quote Originally Posted by mrdissinger View Post
    I just received two Element active undersaddle pickups for two guitars that I own. I installed both, and one of them was humming A LOT, while the other works perfectly. I took both pickups back out, and noticed that on the one that is humming, the small, exposed metal at the end of the undersaddle "string" was missing. I am assuming this is some sort of grounding device? Is this something that I can fix without sending the pick up back...or will this require a swap out?
    This questions was responded to here: http://www.lrbaggs.com/forum/showthr...pickup-humming