Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: LR Baggs Technical Support On The Forum

Hi Anton,

I confirmed that a guitar with a piezo bridge and the CTRL-X will pass magnetic signal if the battery dies or is removed. Only the piezo signal will be affected.

Thank you!
    And what about the possibility of using Graphtech Ghost piezo pickups with L. R. Baggs Ctrl-X preamp? Can you say something about it?

Hi Anton,

The CTRL-X was designed to apply a nominal +3dB of gain to the piezo signal by the presence of the FET transistor at its input. The piezo pickup needs to be of relatively high output(like that of the LR Baggs X-Bridge or T-Bridge signals) so it can be attenuated, if necessary, to match the level of the magnetic pickup(s).

I'm fairly certain the Ghost pickups should be of high enough output for compatibility with the CTRL-X.

Smile

Thanx a lot! )

HI Bryan. My 9 volt battery for my older godin LRBaggs 12 string has come unsoldered from the circuit board on the top of the guitar. Where on the board do I raattach the - and +? Thanks, Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by adrian View Post
    HI Bryan. My 9 volt battery for my older godin LRBaggs 12 string has come unsoldered from the circuit board on the top of the guitar. Where on the board do I raattach the - and +? Thanks, Adrian
    It will depend on which circuit that guitar is using.

What is the model name of the guitar?

What's the control layout and location?

One 9V battery or two?

Question Questions on Anthem

Hi Bryan:

I have a Fender flattop with a factory pickup that has died on me. I'm thinking about replacing the Fender component with an Anthem. My questions are these:

1. I used the current rig with an Baggs Para Acoustic DI. I liked it for its ability to add gain, provide EQ and a notch. Will the use of a PADI be possible and/or needed with the Anthem?

2. The current Fender wiring exits the body through a 1/4" jack in the lower bout. I see that the Anthem installation instructions call for a 1/2" hole in the tail block instead. Will I still be able to use the current hole or will I need to drill the tail block?

Thanks!!

Terry
    Olympia, WA

Hi Terry,

1. The Para Acoustic D.I. is not required for interfacing the Anthem to an amp or PA system but it can be just as useful for optimizing gain, dialing in a better tone with its EQ and its signal routing capabilities.

2. Provided the output jack location is sturdy enough, the endpin jack can be mounted on the lower bout. for the endpin jack, however, I'm inclined to suggest you add some reinforcement to the inside of the mounting location.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan McManus View Post
    Hi Terry,

1. The Para Acoustic D.I. is not required for interfacing the Anthem to an amp or PA system but it can be just as useful for optimizing gain, dialing in a better tone with its EQ and its signal routing capabilities.

2. Provided the output jack location is sturdy enough, the endpin jack can be mounted on the lower bout. for the endpin jack, however, I'm inclined to suggest you add some reinforcement to the inside of the mounting location.
    Bryan:

Thanks for the quick response! That's very helpful. I'm glad I can keep the PADI in the circuit path. It's been very useful. I'll plan on adding some extra material to the inside of the lower bout in order to stiffen it at that point. Maybe something 2" square and 3/16" thick or so, shaped to fit the contour of the lower bout. I can rig up some kind of through-hole clamp to hold it in place while the glue dries.

Mahalo nui loa!

Terry
    Olympia, WA

This is possibly a dumb question [I'm just a piano player], but our school was given a Babicz Spider acoustic with the "Element" unit mounted in it. Both on the Babicz webpage and here on lrbaggs.com the photos and specs on this unit show a small battery drawer that pops out. My unit doesn't have a battery compartment that I can see. The front has volume, treble, mid, and bass pots as well as a little green "battery" light but I'll be @#$%^& if I can figure out where the battery goes... I unscrewed the thing from its mounting but didn't see any battery or battery connectors. Any help?