Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: LR Baggs Technical Support On The Forum

Bryan:

Got it. I'll send you an e-mail about the transplant kit.

How about the process of removing the pickup that's glued to the underside of the soundboard under the bridge? Would a similar process of slicing through the foam work?

Thanks.

Terry

Hey Bryan,
    Is it possible to use the T-Bridge with active EMG pickups ?

Element active system

Hi
    I wrote to you last week at [email protected] but I don't have received any reply untill now
    I try now on the forum

I bought an element active system piezo (for nylon string) from an authorised vendor in italy.
    A very expert liutist mounted it on my classical admira guitar.

My problem is that 2nd e 3rd strings play louder than the other 4 strings and this is very annoying. This is true also tapping over the saddle (in coincidence of the strings)

Ill back to the liutist soon but I need to know if there is something that I can do myself (liutist is far from me) o something I could know or tell to the liutist.

at your opinion What is the issue?

Thank you for your attention

Marco Italy

Hey Bryan...I have a Venue DI that's about a year or two old and recently it has been producing a crunchy almost overdriven sound through a PA...panning to one side seems to solve it, but I'd like to know how I can get it back to proper working order...thanks!

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Hecube View Post
    Thanks. I'll be sure to try that. I'll keep you informed...
    Just an update on my problem. All the while I kept playing with a battery but now I just bought a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 + and the problem simply vanished.

Hi, I have an Element Active. It sounds great but seems to have a fairly low output level when compared to my other guitar with the same system. Assuming that it is installed correctly (because I've done exhaustive troubleshooting on the installation and so I'm looking for other answers), is there any way with a meter (or otherwise) to actually test the output and see if the problem is possibly in the preamp? (Battery is good, the pickup itself seems to have even response from bass to treble).

I put a volt meter (with the switch at 200m VDC) on a guitar cable plugged in and got these results: 0.4 on the quiet one and 0.8 on the loud one. Does that mean anything? Both guitars give identical readings in ohms (16.8 with the dial at 20K).

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I currently use the I Beam passive in two of my guitars and run through a Para DI with great results.

I'm thinking of picking a used M1A for another guitar. Can I order extra pole pieces through LR Baggs?
    MikeW
    "He Who Sings, Prays Twice."

Hi Mike,
    Welcome to the Forum.
    We are always happy to supply replacement pole pieces, most of the time we'll replace them for free. However, if you are buying a used M1 and it looks like the poles for the B and high E string are missing, they are probably still there. The factory setting for those two poles are much deeper than the others. So if that's the case, you might not need replacements.

The M1 poles are sensitive to the metallic core of the strings. The B string has the thickest core of all of the strings, so the pole is lower to balance the output of all six strings.

-Caleb E.
    Tech Support

Unhappy Problems with LR Baggs Element battery compartment not releasing

Hello all & thanks Bryan -

I have a Tribeca guitar [circa 2007] that came with a LR Baggs Element installed on board at the factory. It sounds great. But I can not get the battery compartment open
    for love or money! The battery is exhausted and I need to change it, but when I press in on the top -it gives- but then it does not release. It is stuck. Can you please
    help? Or will I need to take it to a luthier to have it "repaired"?
    Thanks,
    Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the heads-up on this issue. Can you describe the control layout or reply with a digital picture of the face of the unit? I may know something specific about it I could recall if I could see which model it is.