Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: LR Baggs Technical Support On The Forum

Lyric use with existing Takemine preamp

Hi.
    I'm wanting to get the Lyric installed on one of my dreadnoughts. I made a mistake a few years ago and installed a Takemine preamp with a Fishman Pickup under the saddle. The Takemine has a tuner and EQ. Although its sounds ok, I really want to get away from that sound and move to a more natural guitar sound that comes from using a mic. I can't do much about the preamp now, it's there!

My question is this. Would the Lyric be routed through the preamp or go straight to the end pin? Are there any advantages to using the preamp if it were possible?

I can use another guitar if I have to, it would seem a waste of a preamp if I didn't need it. I might as well leave it installed.

I'm about to buy a Bose L1 system for live use. Any thoughts on that set up

Thanks in advance..

Graham

Hi there! I have a Gibson j45 with an element factory fit pickup. After 12 months the pickup is making what I can only describe as a 'fluffing' noise which is quite loud. I've had the endpoint preamp out and it seems the wires are interfering with each other. I taped them apart which worked for a while but the noise has now returned to haunt me any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisW View Post
    Hi Caleb,

I've tried it all the way off, on and everything in between
    We had the chance to try it with a very very good PA last night but it just didn't work.
    I guess I'll have to take it back to the shop and try to get a new one.
    Let me know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
    Hi.
    I'm wanting to get the Lyric installed on one of my dreadnoughts. I made a mistake a few years ago and installed a Takemine preamp with a Fishman Pickup under the saddle. The Takemine has a tuner and EQ. Although its sounds ok, I really want to get away from that sound and move to a more natural guitar sound that comes from using a mic. I can't do much about the preamp now, it's there!

My question is this. Would the Lyric be routed through the preamp or go straight to the end pin? Are there any advantages to using the preamp if it were possible?

I can use another guitar if I have to, it would seem a waste of a preamp if I didn't need it. I might as well leave it installed.

I'm about to buy a Bose L1 system for live use. Any thoughts on that set up

Thanks in advance..

Graham
    Hey Graham,
    The Lyric preamp is what makes the mic work so well. So using the existing preamp isn't an option. Your current preamp doesn't supply mic power either. SO I would recommend leaving the Fishman preamp in the guitar, and installing the Lyric directly in the end-block, in place of the Fishman's output jack. The hole there should be the same size.

As far as the Bose L1, I am a big fan. The L1 has a good frequency response, clarity, and projection. We've done a lot of business with Bose, and I love their stuff. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a portable PA.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonj45 View Post
    Hi there! I have a Gibson j45 with an element factory fit pickup. After 12 months the pickup is making what I can only describe as a 'fluffing' noise which is quite loud. I've had the endpoint preamp out and it seems the wires are interfering with each other. I taped them apart which worked for a while but the noise has now returned to haunt me any ideas?
    Have you replaced the battery?

Also, does the noise happen when you are playing the guitar, or does it also happen if the guitar is not being played (just sitting on the guitar stand, plugged in)?

Hi Caleb

Thanks for clarifying that point. I think I'll leave that guitar as it is and install the Lyric in another guitar. I have just bough the Bose L1 model II with a Tonematch and a B2 and a B1. Im really keen to hear the results of this pairing.

Hi Caleb - yes i've replaced the battery 3 times. It happens whether the guitar is played or left standing. Sometimes giving the bottom of the guitar a sharp tap helps but only temporary

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
    Have you replaced the battery?

Also, does the noise happen when you are playing the guitar, or does it also happen if the guitar is not being played (just sitting on the guitar stand, plugged in)?
    Hi Caleb - yes i've replaced the battery 3 times. It happens whether the guitar is played or left standing. Sometimes giving the bottom of the guitar a sharp tap helps but only temporary

Hello,

I have a Baggs LB-6 installed and the high E string's output is lower than the other strings. Is there something I can do to correct this? Thanks in advance.

Alex