Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: LR Baggs Technical Support On The Forum

Hi Dick,
    You are correct that the EAS-VTC is a piezo pickup. It is not so much a "problem" with under saddle pickups as much as it is an inherent property of how piezo responds to the guitar.
    Acoustic instruments are very difficult to amplify because the instrument itself is an amplifier. There are many sound waves bouncing around inside the instrument in various directions which brings about many problems (mostly feedback) at performance volume levels.
    That being said, piezos are one of the best ways to get a relatively natural acoustic sound at stage volumes without feedback. A good EQ will allow the user to tame the quack but is definitely not going to eliminate it. The Para DI would is a good tool for this because of the ability to EQ the mids. However, the gigpro does not have the ability to EQ the mids so you would not be able to efficiently attack quack.
    -Christian

Christian,
    Thanks for the info; very useful.
    Dick

Hi Bryan,
    is it possible to replace the volume pot on a Para acoustic DI ?
    I bought two of these around the same time(one for my guitar and one for the fiddle),and the problem I had with both of them was the volume pot
    eventually not working.It was a brilliant unit apart from this problem.I've had it in the cupboard for a couple of years hoping I could fix it sometime.

Hello. I have an intermittent problem with my Anthem system installed in my Taylor GS-Custom. I had it professionally installed by a local luthier who is also an LR Baggs retailer about a year ago.

The pickup sounds great and has worked well. Recently while rehearsing for a gig, I notice that the pickup was suddenly picking up the low end frequencies at a much higher sensitivity, to the point that just lightly tapping the soundboard with my fingernail was actually distorting the subs on the house PA. Adjusting the balance between the mic and the element made no change.

I brought the guitar home and after a couple weeks in the case, I took it out and it played fine for about 15 minutes and the problem started again. I reached inside the soundhole and fiddled with the wires where they connect to the back of the preamp. That seemed to solve the problem and I've played about an hour on it in my own house without any issues. I'm a little nervous to use it for gigs though without being sure of what the problem was or if I fixed it for sure.

Any ideas on what to look for here or what might be causing the issue? Could it just have been a loose connector plug on the preamp or is it more likely a short in a wire of some sort?

Any help would be appreciated.

root5150

root5150,
    Have you tried a new battery?

Hi Caleb,

Yes, I should have mentioned that. That was the first thing I did.

Hi - just bought a new Para DI. Plugged it into 2 different PA systems and found that no matter how I have the gain and volume set, the signal overloads the PA and I get heavy distortion. This is the same from either the XLR output or the 1/4" out.

(I've only used phantom power so far)

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by daveyuknat; 10-21-2012 at 08:09 AM.

PRS piezo system problem.

Hi, This is my first message.
    I've a PRS hollowbody 2 with a piezo system. In this guitar the E 1 string is MUTE, if I select piezo.
    Is it possible delete this problem? How can I do?
    I'm an Italian guitarman and is very difficult in my interland search a repair for this piezo. I service myself. Tanks for Help!!

daveyuknat,
    If the Para DI is operating on Phantom Power, and the mixer is supplying more than 26v, there shouldn't be any chance for low voltage distortion. If you are able to try the Para DI with a battery, just for troubleshooting purposes, it would help. Then if you still have issues, feel free to email us at [email protected], and we'll see what we can do for you.