Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the Lyric suitable for a classical guitar?

Hybrid View

Is the Lyric suitable for a classical guitar?

Hello!

I am aware of the existence of the Anthem SL Classical, but I would like to avoid a piezo undersaddle pickup (the Element part of the Anthem), as I have tried various models from various companies on several guitars, and have frequently experienced string balance problems with undersaddle pickups.

Is the Lyric suitable for a classical guitar? Or is it only for steel string acoustic guitars?

Thank you!

The Lyric has been tried on multiple Nylon string guitars, unfortunately with very poor results. However, we are working on a classical version of the Lyric that should be in production later this year. So stay tuned!

Thank you for your response! I am glad to know that! I 'll wait for the classical version then!

Another nylon string player here patiently waiting for the classical/flamenco version! If it sounds as fantastic as the steel string version I do believe it will be revolutionary and will eventually find its way into many flamenco guitars both here and abroad. Thanks a million for working on such a product. I hope the classical/flamenco version is available soon. Cheers!
    Last edited by JasonMcGuire; 05-06-2013 at 04:55 PM.

I will wait for the nylon string version too!

Thanks Caleb and Baggs team! Any update on when we might see the classical version? Summer? Fall? Winter? Not impatient, just excited!

I have been told that we won't launch the Lyric for classical until everything is ironed out. So the official answer from the top is "when it's ready".

Then I will pick one up when it's ready!

Another nylon guy hear, I to would be very intrested in this version of the Lyric when its ready.
    Victor Tarassov
    Lester DeVoe Blanca, Anthem SL Classical, PARA Acoustic DI

Any word? I'm so ready for this...