Thread: New Lyric user

New Lyric user

Greetings! After trying multiple acoustic pickups, I've found what I believe to be the best option on the market: The Lyric. I'm able to achieve tones that sound about 90% similar to the true, unamplified tone of my Martin dreadnought, which is a million times better than other offerings, including the LR Baggs M1A.

I'm having a problem though: I'm now picking up radio stations through the Lyric. This was not present when I was using a piezo pickup or the M1A. I'm not sure if this is due to poorly shielded wiring in the Lyric pickup system... I'm using a Fishman Loudbox Artist, primarily using Mogami and Monster cables. Can anything be done about this? Wrapping an extra layer of electrical tape around the wiring of the Lyric?

Thanks!

Are you experiencing radio interference in multiple locations and buildings? Or is it in a single location?

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
    Are you experiencing radio interference in multiple locations and buildings? Or is it in a single location?
    So far just a single location. I've played the amp in different locations with different pickups before, but so far have only played the Lyric with my Loudbox in the garage. I can try a different area to see if it sticks around.

That would tell you a lot. If the noise is present in a different location, that may indicate an issue with the mic.