Thread: X-Bridge with CTRL-X tone control.

X-Bridge with CTRL-X tone control.

Hi guys, I currently have my X-Bridge with my CTRL-X installed on my strat. My strat has a global tone control which controls all the pickups and it seems to be controlling the tone of the piezos as well. Is there anyway I can install a separate tone control circuit for the piezos? I would like to be able to control the tone of the piezos and magnetics independently when the CTRL-X is in blend mode. Thanks.

Hi Adam,
    The tone control shouldn't be effecting the Piezo signal if everything is correctly wired. If you have the three-way toggle set to MIX, then the magnetic pickups will still be present in the signal, even with the BLEND pot set to full Piezo. The BLEND is not a 100% mix, so there will always be about 10% of the other signal in the mix unless the toggle switch is in Piezo or Magnetic mode.

So if you set the toggle switch to Piezo Only, and the magnetic tone control is still effecting the signal, then something isn't wired correctly.

Is the tone still effected in Piezo Only mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb_Elling View Post
    Hi Adam,
    The tone control shouldn't be effecting the Piezo signal if everything is correctly wired. If you have the three-way toggle set to MIX, then the magnetic pickups will still be present in the signal, even with the BLEND pot set to full Piezo. The BLEND is not a 100% mix, so there will always be about 10% of the other signal in the mix unless the toggle switch is in Piezo or Magnetic mode.

So if you set the toggle switch to Piezo Only, and the magnetic tone control is still effecting the signal, then something isn't wired correctly.

Is the tone still effected in Piezo Only mode?
    The tone affects everything in any mode. It takes "global tone control" to a new level. I would like to be able to separate the tone so I can have one pot controlling magnetic tone while the other controls piezo tone. I don't mind drilling another hole to accommodate another pot.

The tone should only be effecting the master output if it is not wired as diagrammed in the manual. As far as having two tone controls, there are ways to do it, but I wouldn't really recommend either one. I've sent you the details in case you want to review the options.

If you want tonal control over the Piezo signal though, your current wiring is probably the best option.